An Alabama law firm has slapped Taco Bell with a lawsuit claiming fast food giant is falsely advertising the beef content of its meat products. The lawsuit adds that only 35 percent of the "beef" mixture is actually beef. So, what makes up the other 65 percent?
Apparently, the ingredients include binders and extenders and doesn't meet the minimum requirements set by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to be called "beef."
Talk about alarming news here folks. Millions of people probably eat at Taco Bell every day. Will these people continue to eat there knowing the truth?
On Friday, the class-action lawsuit was filed in federal court in the Central District of California by the Montgomery law firm Beasley, Allen, Crow, Methvin, Portis & Miles.
Miles stated, "We are asking that they stop saying that they are selling beef." He added that tests were done and Taco Bell's "meat mixture" had only 35 percent of meat in it.
President and Cheif Concept Officer at Taco Bell, Greg Creed, issued this statement in response to the lawsuit
At Taco Bell, we buy our beef from the same trusted brands you find in the supermarket, like Tyson Foods. Â We start with 100 percent USDA-inspected beef. Â Then we simmer it in our proprietary blend of seasonings and spices to give our seasoned beef its signature Taco Bell taste and texture. Â We are proud of the quality of our beef and identify all the seasoning and spice ingredients on our website. Â Unfortunately, the lawyers in this case elected to sue first and ask questions later -- and got their Â“factsÂ” absolutely wrong. Â We plan to take legal action for the false statements being made about our food.
Consumers have the right to know what they're eating. Just because the food is well presented with loads of condiments and stuffers doesn't mean it's okay for Taco Bell to bend the truth. Customers are eating at there because they believe it's 100% beef. This is terrible.Â Who do you believe -Â the lawyers that issued the law suit or Taco Bell?